Changes in the nails usually suggest that there is some kind of health problem.
Although changes to fingernails are usually not the first symptom of the disease and do not appear always, they can show that something is wrong. This is another independent review which can be done at home, but with detectable changes then you need to contact your doctor or dermatologist, who will say if there is a cause for concern or it is only about minor changes.
What kind of changes can occur on the nails?
– a change in color – dark or white lines or dots, yellow, white and blue nails, brown and black nails
– changes in the form of the nail – nail bending up or down
– thickening of the nails and thin nails
– separation of nails from the fingers or slot
White nail disorder
– White spots and lines on the nails may have three reasons, the first of them is leukohinia – which is most often the result of minor injuries and no cause for concern.
– White lateral lines or spots called Meesovim lines, and can occur due to poisoning, Hodgkin’s disease, heart failure, malaria, and may be a result of chemotherapy and intoxication of carbon dioxide.
– To white color can come because the nail has lifted from the skin, or reservoir, but the cause may also be injuries, followed by infections, psoriasis, hyperthyroidism, and as well the cause may be the products that we use on the nails. This change is called oniholioza.
– Completely white nails called Terry nails that may indicate diabetes, liver failure or heart problems, and often occur due to aging. Also, at Terry’s nails specifically and darker line along the edge of the nail.
– They can be a sign of anemia as well.
– Yellow nail syndrome indicates the state when the nails are yellow and come up to their thickness. May be caused by impairment of lymphatic drainage, rheumatoid arthritis, and may be a symptom of malignant diseases, and immunodeficiency and respiratory failure.
– After a while – yellow nails can become green as well.
– Psoriasis can cause yellow nails,
– Nails can turn yellow because of smoking, but then we’re talking about the ones in which we hold a cigarette.
Black, brown, green and blue nails
– Blue nails usually indicate problems with the lungs or respiratory system, and can be caused by drugs or anemia. Also, the blue nails can be the result of long exposure to the cold, altitude and shock.
– Green nails can be caused by a bacterial or fungal infection, as it may turn green because of the yellow nail syndrome.
– Black and brown nails usually occur because of severe injuries nail, a black color developed due to hematoma that usually disappears alone, but need to be patient. Also, under the black nail can hide melanoma, and usually in the form of regular features.
– The brown color can also occur due to bacterial or fungal infections.
Bending of the nails
– Nails can be folded upwards and take the form of spoons or down and thus affect the part of the skin around the nail.
– Koilonihia referred to as bending the nail up, and cause him a lack of iron and vitamin B12, such as may be caused by everyday handling with petroleum solvents. People suffering from Raynaud’s syndrome, or condition during which certain parts of the body, such as fingers, they become cold or numb to feel, also often have spoon shaped nails, but can also be a genetic disorder.
– Bending nail down, i.e towards the skin of a finger, is a process that lasts for years, and the causes may be the nature of cardiovascular, liver problems and lung, as well as inflammatory bowel disease.
Transverse lines and dotted indentations on nails
– Dotted indentations or perforated nails, may be due to psoriasis and other autoimmune diseases
– Transverse relief lines on the nails are called Beau lines, and occur due to the inability of normal nail growth. Except that the lines can be caused by the already mentioned Ranyaudovim syndrome also occurs in people who have recently had a heart attack.