Everyone has their own body odor, but sometimes we face the problem of terrible smell that comes from us. In fact, the production of body odor is normal – bacteria and the waste products of bacterial metabolism produce this sulfur smelling odor. You can feel an unpleasant smell from the area of the armpits, behind the knees, elbows, under the chest, and also in the abdomen area.
Yes, it is a natural process that is common to all people, but this does not mean that you should tolerate this smell without doing anything. Nowadays there are many procedures and cosmetic products that can help you cope with this “bad smelling” problem. If you do not prefer the chemical components that can be found in many beauty products, then we recommend paying attention to our home remedies. Scroll down and try these amazing home remedies for body odor!
1. HYDROGEN PEROXIDE
- Hydrogen peroxide is an excellent solution against body odor thanks to its antibacterial properties.
- 5 ml of a 3% solution diluted in a cup of water and applied with a washcloth over the body will help reduce bacterial colonies, as well as body odor.
2. APPLE CIDER VINEGAR
- This home remedy works by changing the pH of the skin surface and becomes inhospitable to bacteria living in these smelling areas.
- Try applying ACV to body just before your bath, or dilute in a bit of water to reduce the intensity of the smell.
3. BAKING SODA
- This indispensable home remedy will help you effectively fight the body odor.
- Baking soda acts primarily to neutralize odors and suppress bacterial growth by altering skin pH.
- You can apply this remedy as talc, or just combine it with a little water and lemon juice.
- Apply this mixture to the underarms and left for a while before rinsing.
4. RUBBING ALCOHOL
- Rubbing alcohol is an excellent solution to kill bacteria and slow their reproduction.
- Alcohol also helps to close the pores and reduce active sweating and, of course, get rid of body odor.
5. ROSEMARY OIL
- This herb has antibacterial properties and helps to suppress the byproducts of bacterial metabolism.
- Just apply a few drops of rosemary oil directly to problem areas to get rid of body odor issue.
6. GREEN TEA
- We all know the benefits of green tea for our overall health, but this greeny also helps to reduce body odor thanks to its antioxidant and detoxifying properties.
- In fact, regular consumption of green tea helps promote removal of toxins via the kidneys and liver, reducing the likelihood of the metabolites being secreted in sweat.
7. PEPPERMINT OIL
- This essential oil can help you get rid of severe body odor thanks to its ability to suppress the growth of bacteria that produce offensive metabolites on the skin.
- Simply apply a few drops of peppermint oil on the affected areas.
- This remedy can be applied as an oil, or steeped as a tea and then applied to areas with a high density of sebaceous glands.
- It was proved that sage has the ability to suppress the production of sweat and control body odor.
9. CORNSTARCH POWDER
- This remedy helps to reduce moisture accumulation and control body odor.
- Cornstarch powder has a very cooling and hypoallergenic action, decreasing sweat production.
10. LEMON JUICE
- Lemon has the ability to alter pH and make it difficult for bacteria to grow.
- So, it will help you treat excessive body odor and leave you smelling fresh for hours.
- You need to apply half of a cut lemon to problem areas a few minutes before your bath for a powerful neutralizing action.
- Alum has been established as an antiperspirant and antibacterial remedy when applied to the body.
- Thus, you can buy a deodorant containing alum to get rid of severe body odor.
12. SANDALWOOD POWDER
- This highly aromatic tree has the ability to retain its natural scent for a long time.
- In order to reduce body odor, take a little of the powder and make it into a paste by mixing with water.
- Leave until it solidifies, then wash off during your bath.
- We recommend applying this remedy about 30 minutes before bath time for better results.
13. LAVENDER OIL
- This essential oil has an extremely pleasant smelling and can be used to reduce body odor.
- Simply apply a few drops of lavender oil directly to problem areas to get rid of body odor.
- However, be careful with this remedy due to the fact that many people are allergic to lavender and its products.
14. ARROWROOT POWDER
- Arrowroot powder reduces sweat production, and also helps prevent inflammation of the sweat glands that may result in profuse sweating.
- With the help of this remedy, you will forget about bacterial growth.
- We all know that yogurt is considered a home remedy, because it is natural and does not contain preservatives.
- Thus, this home remedy can be both consumed and applied to the skin.
- Try it, and you will forget about the bad smell of the body!